The famous statuettes of the international Indigenous film and video festival are the work of one of the greatest Inuit sculptors, Mattiusi Iyaituk. Cast from an original soapstone, they represent a hawk. They have been crafted exclusively for the Montréal First Peoples Festival.
The «Mattiusis» go with the three main annual awards of the festival:
- First Rigoberta Menchu Award (social prize)
- First Teueikan Award (artistic prize)
- APTN Award (to an indigenous filmmaker who had a special accomplishment during the previous year)
The other prizes are:
- Second Teueikan and Rigoberta Menchu Awards
- Best Documentary Award of the journal Séquences
- Best Canadian Short Film Award presented by Radio-Canada ($1000 prize)
- Main Film Emerging Filmmaker Award ($1000 prize)
- Prizes for Best Animated Film, Best International Short Film, Best Cinematography
Terres en vues remercie également le personnel et la direction de la Grande Bibliothèque, Fierté Montréal, ainsi que nos généreux donateurs.
Thanks for your visit!
This section is currently under construction.
Please come back later.