Submit a Film
The registration period is over, for more information e-mail us at: email@example.com
March 15, 2023 March 31, 2023
1. The festival accepts works created in 2020-2021-2022-2023.
2. Films must have English or French subtitles when they are not in said languages. French subtitles are welcome for all films.
3. We primarily seek works made by Indigenous authors, but we also welcome any work on topics relevant to our objectives and exemplifying collaboration between Native people and non-Native filmmakers.
4. Priority will be given to works that have not had a public screening in Montreal.
*A competitive section, for the APTN Award (granted to an Indigenous filmmaker from Canada who has distinguished themselves in the past year), welcomes films that may have been shown in Montreal. Other non-competitive, thematic or retrospective sections may also occasionally include films that would not be Montreal premieres. These films should be submitted directly to firstname.lastname@example.org instead of here.
5. Films/video work publicly accessible for viewing on the Internet WITHOUT a password (e.g. YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook) are NOT eligible (except for the APTN Award)
1. Screenings take place in Montréal and Kahnawake (Mohawk Territory). An Internet broadcast may be offered to rights holders for certain films and will then be the subject of a specific agreement.
2. The festival will pay a compensatory amount for screenings; the fee schedule will be communicated when a work is selected. The festival assumes the cost of returning the screening copies.
3. The announcement of the winners and the awards presentation will take place during a special event as part of the festival’s activities.